Degenkolb Engineers is a structural engineering firm based in San Francisco. They were founded in 1940.
Their primary practice areas are:
• Healthcare: Specializes in OSHPD design, SB1953 compliance and includes significant work in medical office buildings and non-structural work.
• Higher education: Design and consulting for specialty buildings including labs, performing arts, and DSA compliance
• Science and technology: Primarily consulting for seismic performance and business resumption of technology and research based companies, also umbrella for workplace design
• Federal: Dominated by work for the Department of Veterans Affairs and focuses on seismic design and consulting services.
• Civic and commercial existing building (CCEB): Development of community ordinances and adaptive reuse of commercial structures
• Construction mean & methods engineering (CM&M): Large scale shoring and excavation design
• Forensics Engineering: Consulting practice of investigation and expert witness services
Degenkolb has approximately 145 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees located in six offices in California and Washington. Office locations include Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Stacy Bartoletti is the CEO, President and Chairman of Degenkolb Engineers. Steve Pelham is a Senior Principal. Jason Scanlan is an Interim Office Director and Principal. Peter Sandlin is a Principal. Devon Lumbard is a Principal and Engineering Manager.
Barrish Pelham is joining a firm with a 78-year tradition of design and service excellence. We exist to engineer a better environment for our clients and communities. We are recognized industry leaders and drive client success by exceeding expectations.